Super Cupar beat Champions.

Saturday 27th October 2018.

Kingdom of Fife League.

Hard work and determination were on show as Cupar Hearts won by the odd goal in three against defending Kingdom of Fife League Champions Bowhill Rovers at the Duffus Park.

Both sides were looking for a win and play was end to end.

A foul by Cupar’s Craig Begg on Craig Lowe saw the free kick touched round the post by ‘keeper Gavin Wilson before Connor Paterson headed over the resultant corner.

A long throw by Scott McKay on 6 minutes was headed goalwards by Sean Murdoch to win a corner. It was taken short and Connor Murdoch’s effort went high.

Another free kick for the visitors on the edge of the box looked dangerous but it was floated well wide by Craig McGuire.

Good play by Hearts saw the deadlock broken on 23 minutes. Kyle Watson flicked the ball onto Connor Murdoch who played it forward to Martin Woods who weaved his way goalwards before superbly picking his spot and slotting home.

Bowhill went straight on the hunt for an equaliser and David Thomson managed to find his way through the Hearts defence but Gavin Wilson was quick to react and made a brave save.

The leveller came in the form of a penalty kick when Connor Paterson went down after the slightest nudge from Charles Anderson and the referee pointed to the spot. He stepped up and although Wilson went the right way he couldn’t stop Paterson’s kick.

So the second half kicked off all square with the points still to play for.

Craig Begg and Martin Woods both had shots saved before Jakub Dobes put Hearts in front on 64 minutes. His initial shot from close range was saved but he fired in the rebound.

Bowhill had a big chance to equalise 5 minutes later when Craig Lowe’s cross found Scott Gibson at the back post but he fired high over.

Then Mark Hamilton was through on goal but his shot was wide after pressure from Sean Murdoch.

Bowhill threw everything they could at Hearts but they stood firm to pick up a massive 3 points.